May 16, 2007

Graduation


This weekend is Graduation for me for the 3rd time formally.

1. Sanderson High School Class of '96
2. North Carolina State University Class of 2000 B.S. Statistics
3. Columbia International University Class of 2007 M.A. in Leadership for Evangelism and Mobilization


As I've been talking with people the last two days, I've had bittersweet emotions about not being a student anymore. On the one hand, I don't have all the work of a graduate student and trying to balance family life and internships and all the other stuff going on. On the other hand, the reality of trying to find the position that the Lord has for me after graduation becomes a major focus now.


In preaching class yesterday, one of my classmates got up and said, "I have to confess, I've been anxious this school year." I was hooked from the first sentence because I understand that feeling. The Bible verse that has been my best friend for years is First Peter 5:7. It says, "Cast all your cares (or anxiety) on Him (God) because He cares for you."


I resonate with the anxious feelings, but I long for the peace that Philippians 4:7 talks about, "the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, and will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." I need it right now. School ends, life goes on and graduation ushers in a new chapter in our lives. God gives peace. Amen!

No comments: